Ramadan 2023 is here to cherish all the believers around the globe. It is the month of blessings, forgiveness and autonomy from the hellfire. There are three Ashras (10 days) of Ramadan. As it is stated earlier that the first Ashra is called the Ahra e Rahmat. Which means the ten days of blessings for the Muslims. The second Ashra is called the Ashra e Maghfirat that means the 10 days of forgiveness of Allah SWT.
Table of Contents
Must Read : First Ashra of Ramadan , Signification
Second Ashra, 10 Days of Forgiveness:
The 10 days of forgiveness start from 11th Ramadan and ends in 20th Ramadan. These ten days are dedicated to asking forgiveness from Allah SWT. Though throughout the Ramadan, a believer asks Allah SWT for His Mercy, but first Ashra is especially dedicated for asking for blessings and mercy of Allah SWT. Similarly, every Muslims begs for pardon throughout the Ramadan, but 2nd Ashra is especially designated to beg for pardon from Allah SWT.
Specific dua for second Ashra is:
اَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ رَبِّىْ مِنْ كُلِّ ذَنْۢبٍ وَّاَتُوْبُ اِلَيْہ
I seek forgiveness from Allah, my Lord, from every sin I committed”
This dua is especially taught by the Holy Prophet for the second Ashra of Ramadan.
Why Beg for Pardon in the Second Ashra of Ramadan:
Every human being is destined to make mistakes. When we ask Allah for His blessings and mercy, it becomes very important to ask for pardon from Allah SWT. Every believer should ask for forgiveness from all past sins, and should be determined to leave the sinful life.
Allah Almighty never demands extreme piety from a man. He loves forgiving the sinner, who begs for forgiveness. Allah Almighty loves His bondsmen, who commit sin, but repent afterwards and beg pardon from Allah SWT. 2nd Ashra of Ramadan is dedicated to this act which is desired by Allah SWT
What to do in the 10 days of absolution:
A believer should spend the entire month of Ramadan in seeking Allah’s pleasure, His blessings and His forgiveness. Every moment of this sacred month is precious, like a pearl. A believer should take advantage of every precious moment and should beg pardon from Allah SWT. Some important things to do in this Second Ashra are as follows;
- Recite and understand the Quran e Kareem as much as possible. This brings Allah’s pleasure and blessings for a believer.
- Recite the dua taught for 2nd Ashra as much as possible to beg pardon from Allah SWT.
- Spend in the name of Allah, give alms and sadaqaat to the poor as much as possible. This will help you seek Allah’s will.
- Seek forgiveness and pardon from Allah SWT through devotional prayers. Allah Almighty gives a much bigger reward for the devotional prayers, especially in the month of Ramadan.
- Seeking forgiveness must not be a superficial action. A believer should repent for his sinful doings and must determine to leave all sinful activities in the future.
- Do not miss obligatory prayers.
- Try to offer Taraweeh (nightly prayers) during the month of Ramadan. This will also bring Allah’s forgiveness.
- Last but the least is to practice forgiveness with the surrounding people. Allah Almighty loves to forgive and loves the person who forgives in the name of Allah.
Second Ashra of Ramadan according to Hadith:
Seeking pardon and absolution is very dear to Allah SWT. Allah SWT loves His bondsman, who happens to commit sin but repents on his sin.
He who asks forgiveness from Allah SWT is rewarded in several ways by Allah SWT. In a Hadith, Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon Him said,
“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” (Abu Dawud)
On another occasion, Salman Al-Farisi (RA) reported that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said,
“The first third of the month of Ramadan is the time for mercy, the second third is for forgiveness, the third is for release from Hellfire…”
In this Hadith, we can understand the concept of three Ashras of Ramadan as narrated by Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him.
Second Ashra of Ramadan 2023 is a golden opportunity for any believer to wash out his past sins and beg pardon from Allah SWT. In these 10 days, Allah Almighty waits for His bondsmen, who ask for forgiveness and absolution. A believer should utilize every precious moment of these 10 days of absolution and should cry before Allah SWT for repentance and seeking forgiveness from Allah SWT. QuranHost is an institute where you can get every segment of knowledge regarding Islam and Ramadan. We offer fabulous courses to enhance your Islamic knowledge. Come and join our institute to get an amazing experience of Islamic studies in a tremendous environment.