what is Islam ?
Islam is the only true religion on the face of the earth. Allah Almighty says in the Quran.
Table of Contents
ان الدین عنداللہ الاسلام
“Verily, the only religion in the eyes of Allah is Islam”
All the apostles of Allah from Adam AS till Prophet Muhammad SAW brought the same message of oneness of Allah, message of virtue and piety. But all previous religions have left their roots. They have changed the scripture of holy books and divine message. The only religion present in its actual form is Islam. So in order to be successful in the life after death, every-one has to embrace Islam as a way of life.
Read Must : what is Quran and Why should learn ?
Understanding Basic beliefs of Islam | journey Begin?
Islam, like all other divine religions, has some basic concepts, one has to make firm belief on that concepts. Some of them are as follows.
1. Tauheed, Oneness of Allah:
Tauheed is the basic belief which acts as a pillar for the building of beliefs of Islam. It means that a believer should worship only Allah SWT, idol worshipping or to worship any material thing is strictly forbidden in Islam. It is considered being Shirk, which is one of the biggest sins.
2. Prophet Hood of Muhammad SAW:
The second pillar of Islam is to believe in the prophet of Muhammad SAW and also to believe that Prophet Muhammad SAW is the last Messenger of Allah. He is the prophet for all the ages till the day of judgement.
3. Believe in the Day of Judgement:
Islam believes in accountability and considering one’s self answerable in the eyes of Allah. Taqwa (Fear of Allah) is the basic requirement for being a Muslim and dealing in a society as a Muslim. A Muslim should have a belief in the day of judgement, when every-one will be held accountable. Every virtue and every sin will be weighed on Meezan and thus a person will be sent to paradise or hell, according to his deeds.
4. Quran- The Central Text of Islam:
Quran is the last divine message, revealed in Prophet Muhammad SAW. It contains all the basic teachings of Islam. Important family laws and jurisprudence are related briefly in the Quran. It also contains the stories of previous nations who were blessed by Allah SWT and those who faced the anger of Allah SWT in the form of different calamities.
Must Read : Muslim Faith and Beliefs in Islam
Steps to Convert Islam:
Islam forbids the forced conversion of non-Muslims into Islam. It should be the personal and free will decision of every person to convert to Islam or not. This decision, once made, should not be taken lightly.When any one embrace Islam as a religion, he should stick to it, whatever circumstances he might face.
The first step is conversion Process. is to recite Shahada. Which is the Deceleration of Faith in Islam, the shahada is simple but powerful statement that’s affirms
- Unification of Allah
- A declaration of the prophethood of Prophet Muhammad SAW
- An announcement that the person, who is embracing Islam with his free will, will obey all the commitments of Islam.
- A person must recite Shahada to announce his acceptance of Islam.
The second kalima shahadat is written:
اَشْهَدُ اَنْ لَّآ اِلٰهَ اِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَہٗ لَاشَرِيْكَ لَہٗ وَاَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهٗ وَرَسُولُہٗ
ashhadu alla ilaha illallah wahdahu la sharika lahu lahu wa-ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhoo wa rasooluhu.
“I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger“
Basic Islamic Practices for a Converted Muslim?
Islam is a blend of some basic beliefs and a set of worships and practices. The person who wants to embrace Islam should know and learn everything about these practices. Some of them are as follows;
- Prayer is the pillar of Islam. It is the most important worship which is obligatory to offer five times a day.
- Fasting is another important practice in Islam. Ramadan is the month of fasting. There are certain details about fasting in the month of Ramadan, which has to be learnt.
- Islam emphasizes too much on giving alms and charity to the poor. Obligatory charity is called Zakat while every believer is encouraged to pay devotional alms and sadaqat.
Imporatnce Of Finding a Mosque for a converted Muslim:
When a person embraces Islam, he should find some local mosque or Islamic center. This is beneficial for the following reasons;
- It is important to join an Islamic center to learn basic Islamic principles.
- It is important to build a connection with Muslim community to gather moral support.
Challenges that a Converted Muslim May Face:
It is a defined fact that when a person gets converted to Islam; he has to face many challenges.
- He might face strong resistance from within his family.
- He has to face severe societal pressure from his peers and his religious community.
- Another challenge that he has to face is to cross and break cultural barriers.
- He has to make cultural adjustments to people of different cultural and different societal values.
Importance of Seeking Support from Muslim Community:
When a person gets converted to Islam, he has to seek support from the Muslim Community in order to sustain the tremendous pressure he has to face after converting to Islam. This support can be provided by Muslim friends and mentors.
Role of Muslim communities:
- There are certain responsibilities that are held on Muslim community towards converted Muslims. Some of them are as follows;
- It is the moral duty of the Muslim community to provide complete moral support to the converted Muslim
- To provide financial help is also an important religious obligation of a Muslim community towards the converted Muslims.
- To provide them with security is the moral obligation of the Muslim Community.
What is the significance of the Shahada in Islam?
The Shahada is the declaration of faith in Islam, proclaiming the belief in the oneness of Allah and the prophethood of Muhammad. It is the fundamental step in becoming a Muslim (subhanAllah).
Do I need to change my name when converting to Islam?
Changing your name is not obligatory, but some converts choose to adopt a Muslim name as a symbol of their new identity.
Can I convert to Islam without a mentor?
While having a mentor is beneficial, it is not mandatory. You can convert to Islam independently by studying and practicing its teachings.
QuranHost provide you free mentors for new converting Muslim. You can just visit and Contact him .
Is it necessary to learn Arabic to be a Muslim?
While it’s not mandatory, learning Arabic can enhance your understanding of Islam, especially when reciting the Quran and performing prayers.
It is concluded from the above piece of writing that to embrace Islam as a way of life is very important for dis believers to be successful in the life hereafter, which is the eternal life. It is very important for a converted Muslim to seek knowledge about Islam, its beliefs, and practices. One can seek this knowledge from any Islamic center or from an online institute. QuranHost is the right place for a converted Muslim to learn everything about Islam. One can learn basic to advance knowledge of Quran and Islam online from QuranHost.